Tuesday, December 06, 2011

No Shit.


We were driving in the mini van and had stopped at a light when I looked over across the street and Burger practically screamed "Oh shit! Look! It's Lightning McQueen!!".

Some days are better than others.
Some days you are in the right place at the right time.

I have been wrestling with my feelings lately.
Burger talks to me constantly.
Constantly.
From the moment that he explodes out of bed in the morning until I am tightly strapping him back into bed at night, he does not stop.
A lot of the talking is directed at me in the form of asking me to do something for him, begging me to do something for him or demanding that I do something for him.
No matter what it is that he is saying, he says it to me in those three stages.

Ask.
Beg.
Demand!

So I am trying to view it both as a test of my patience and my ability to communicate with a wild animal. You know how you sometimes see those humans that can communicate with non humans? Them. Those are the people.

I think that one of the things I am trying to do is slow down.
I realized that I am in a special spot in life right now, I am incredibly fortunate to have the gift of time, and I am currently ruining it by not appreciating it and wanting it to move faster.
But I don't want time to move faster, I just want the future to get here quicker.
The future I have in my mind, I want that now.
And that desire for the future is ruining my present!
So I got to take it easy and just listen to Burger's demands while I am still obviously such a crucial part to his quest.

I have been holding him a lot.
Picking him up.
Every day he is just a little bit bigger.
I have this desire to feel that change.
So picking him up makes the most sense.
I get a similar feeling from holding his hand while we cross the street.

Tofu scramble for dinner!
Eat while you can, right?
loveyouguys

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.