Friday, August 03, 2007

The Workday.



The thing is that I used to think that having a child would ruin my life.

I never doubted that I could be a father.
I can be responsible, I can nurture... I CAN!
Sure! Why not?
You just watch me nurture.

But I also thought that I had a lot of other things I wanted to do first, and I couldn't picture myself getting all that stuff done in time to still have my youth and raise a child.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't immediately excited by the news.
I would also be lying if I said that I never thought that news would be good news, or exciting news.

But let's be honest, I have a lot of free time and I am not getting any of the things done that are on my list of things to accomplish before I get a child.
Does this mean that I will never be able to check off my list?
Who cares?
How about you show me YOUR list and let's compare completion stats.

Someone commented and congratulated me on "ruining my life".
What a sad thing for someone to say, what a sad person this must be.

We went to Wisconsin to tell our Families about the news.
We sat on the porch with our Parents and our Siblings.
Our Grandparents and some Aunts and Uncles were there.
We watched the sunset and there weren't any mosquitoes.
We had food from the grill and salad and frosty drinks.
We had a bonfire and ate marshmallows and played Bocce.
We were surrounded by a loving group of people that were all so happy for us...
To have that support and to feel this collective joy...
To be building a family, and to be contributing to this larger family...

I guess I just don't see how this could ever be something that is ruining my life.
I am so lucky, I feel so lucky.
I love my life.

I hope all is well for you guys.
And please, I like to read the comments, but if you are going to be a dick about it, take it somewhere else alright?
I got no time for it.
lovematthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.