Monday, January 07, 2008

The Sticky Wicket.



This is old! But I wrote it.
SO I should use it.

I am going home to Brooklyn with Truen today.
We were doing the same thing last year, around the same time.
I don’t know if we thought we were doing the right thing back tehn, or that we would be doing the same thing in a year from then (now) but it was what we were doing.

How far do you live from where you grew up?
Or where your family lives?
You have to have your own life.
But when you love your family so much, it is hard to not feel like you are having your own life at the expense of missing out on the lives of the ones you love.
The thing is that those people could just as easily move away.
And while you are off, doing your thing, they are still having their work problems, or growing mustaches, or sleeping the previous night’s party off until noon.
And they do these things regardless of where you are.

You have no say or effect.
No weight.

Anyways, do you own any property?
Do you want it?
Can I have it?
Let’s talk, I am sure we could work something out.
I know that I am welcome to the cabin on the reservation.
But that sounds like a whole different life.
Uprooting now, changing everything again, that would be terrible.
An enormous undertaking.

Well, I hope you are well.
I am always thinking about you guys.
lovematthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.