Sunday, May 17, 2009

Stuck Bolt.



I was walking with T to the store this morning.
I was feeling slightly sweaty, like I was going to maybe puke.
Or at the very least, sweat.
Anyways, I was thinking about a lot of things that I will now list:
-Building things
-Being responsible
-Nursing school
-Maintaing one's health
-My son's increasing demand for food
-Self sufficience
-Many other things that are beyond my memory by now and floating into the collective conscience, so if you happen to catch them, please let me know.

Anyways, I was mainly thinking about how I have to take care of business.
I have people counting on me.

But it led me to think about all of the people that won't be able to take care of themselves.
I can't be sure, I am no scientist, no statistician, but I think that is a lot of people.
And I am not talking about the elderly, the invalids, the tiny babies.
I am talking about the bulk of my fellow man.
Myself included.
I realized that there is a lot I have to learn if I want to be able to fend for myself when the shit goes down.
Because like I said, I have some people counting on me.
It was this train of thought that led me to believe that I might have to go learn how to be either a nurse, or an EMT.

I know how to cook.
I know the seven steps to square a raw piece of lumber.
I am still pretty good with math and reading.
I can type pretty quickly with a surprisingly small number of typos.
I can fix my bike.
I can build cabinets, tables and other sorts of wooden objects.
I am currently growing beans and squash although the results are a few months away.

But when I hurt myself, I rely too much on other people to help fix me.
But if I were a nurse I could probably diagnose and fix myself.
Or at least walk someone through how to fix me.
I can't be sure yet, but I think that if T doesn't end up doing it, then I should.
For the good of the land.

I have to go back to work tomorrow.
All things considered, it is not as bad as it seems the night before.
I am sure I have mentioned it, but I like my job a lot.
If I have to work, and I do, then this is pretty much as sweet as it gets.

lovamthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.