Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Lamp.




I rewired this lamp as a family gift for the holidays.
It was originally a gift from Lois, T's Grandma.
It was pretty old though, with cloth wrapped wires and a pretty old switch system.
And it also had no shade or glass for it.
SO I made a lampshade out of some wire mesh and a pice of painter's drop cloth.

This lamp sat in our bathroom, unused for two years here in Brooklyn.
It was even longer back in Wisconsin when you think about the time in Lois' garage, or in our old apartment.
And then, in less time than it takes to watch the Packers secure a playoff spot, it was reborn into a pretty sweet and useful piece of furniture that everyone really likes.

I am not trying to brag, but I think I saved Christmas.

lovamtewh

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.