Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Struggle.



This was hanging in the service area of a building on 72nd St.
To me it is proof that life thrives everywhere.
Even in oppressive environments.
Like service areas of buildings.

This is a generalization, but having worked as an honest to god janitor at a hospital AND an apartment building, I can tell you that I am pretty sure I know what I am talking about.
I really liked those jobs.
On the one hand it gave me a weird superiority complex.
You get to see a special side to a public place.
You have an all access pass, valid everywhere.
Most people only see the one side, but you get to see BOTH!
On the other hand they taught me a lot about what I want out of my employment, and to look for the little perks like where the best spot to watch TV was, or free toilet paper.

Working under ground does something to a guy.
That's all I'm saying.

But then there was this little monkey, like a weed in the cracks of the sidewalk.
Struggling against all odds.
It was a humbling experience.

...Still not moved or impressed?

What if I told you it was painted by that Elephant?
You know that one Painting Elephant?
That guy.

NOW what's up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.