Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Official Bean Counter.


Today is so rainy. RAINY I tell you!!
It is exactly the kind of day that, when I was working, I would have spent standing outside packing a crate into a trailer or some shit like that.
Usually, on the way over to the job, my coworkers and I would comment on what a perfect day it'd be to have stayed home, laid around in bed and started drinking. I usually only wanted to have stayed home seeing as how I had the BUrger to take care of, but I'd nod my head in agreement anyways seeing as how usually anything beat soaking myself to the bone in October.
Today however was the first time in a long time that I got to see how the other half lives.
Burger slept in so I made coffee and worked on a painting for a little while.
Then I sent a text message to an ex work buddy asking what he was doing.
He said he was standing in Chelsea, waiting for some crates... In the rain.
That pretty much quashed any sentimental feelings I had been having about how I used to spend my rainy October mornings.
And I got a check in the mail from a freelance job I had done back in August.
It's true what they say, when it rains, checks arrive in the mail.
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.