Thursday, September 04, 2014

Night Night Kisses.


I just filled the tub with water that is too hot. 
It's the kind of thing that one does once in a while
 accidentally because they are lost in their thoughts 
and smiling at the soap jug. 
At times like this all one can do is wait it out and reflect on the day. 
It's important to reflect. 
It's a good way to learn. 
FYI. 

Moving on, and not trying to be a braggart but...

I'm pretty good at putting people to sleep. 
A combination of humming, shushing, tapping and nibbling helps. 
At times it works to hold the person and rock them, gently. 
Think Postal Service.
Not Skid Row. 

Walking in place works also. 
Depending on their size, you should try holding them.
Keeping your eyes fixed on the middle distance 
while the person wails and pummels against your chest. 

Whisper sweet words of encouragement, and get down to their level. 
I understand you're upset. 
It's nothing personal. 
Then at the last second, give them the monkey and get the hell out of there.  

For others it might seem to be different, but it boils down to the same thing. 

I love you. 
You are the best thing to ever happen to me. 
You're doing a great job just being alive and in my life. 
I can't wait for tomorrow. 

It's like Burger always says:
Everything is awesome. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Hey hey stranger danger...don't know if you'll remember me! We used to chat back in the day, I bought some art from you about 10 years ago. Jaime from Kansas City! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete

No dick heads please.