Sunday, June 29, 2008

The first Totem Pole.



What are the things that you like to do?
What are the things you think about when you are alone?

Like if you are stuck in traffic?
Like if you are sitting in a chair, looking out the window?

Once you get past the initial thoughts, what do you do?

Maybe memories?
Or like regrets?
Remember when we talked about those?

There are things that I want to do.
Things that I didn't do when I had the chance.
Things that I never had the chance to do.
Things that, depending on the day, I can feel guilty for thinking.
Guilty in a "what gives me the right" kind of way.

I guess that they are not things that are crucial.

They are just persistent.
Things that don't go away.

I am looking forward to the future, and it feels so foolish.
But I am.
Like the Fall, and the Holidays.
Like the chance to do some of the smaller things on my list.

lovematthew

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.