Friday, June 05, 2009

The path of the righteous.



There are times when T Dubs and I do not see eye to eye.
Like when we are standing face to face.
HA!
Good night everybody!

A thing that we often disagree on is home ownership.
She is against it for many very good reasons.
I am for it for many, many BETTER reasons.
Actually we both agree that it would be a total downer to be even more stressed out by money.
I don't mind the upkeep, I enjoy building and maintaining the things that I have built, and although I have no real home construction experience, I am fairly certain that I could do a better job at it than you could.

The main reason that I would like to own a house is mainly due to the current state of the house we are renting.
This place, although an amazingly great place to live in Brooklyn because of the space and money involved, is very poorly kept.
And it drives me crazy.
I want so badly to fix the things that are wrong with it, but I am fairly certain that if I brought it up to the landlord, he would offer to fix it himself and in the process, only make it worse.

So I sit, and I am slapped in the eyes by all of these now glaring mistakes in design, construction and craftsmanship and it is all I can do to make the solemn promise that if I am someday lucky enough to have a dwelling of my own, I will take much better care of it.

In the meantime I I trip over the buckled floors, I am assaulted by the noise of the rain beating down on an ill-placed awning, and I constantly search for at least one true, level ceiling or floor line.

Oh listen to me whine! Who am I kidding!? Aside from the often crippling feeling of debt and despair constantly creeping around the corner, I have got it made.
I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Anything but maybe a house of my own.

lovmatweh

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.