Saturday, May 08, 2010

Right Through Me.



In my fantasy I live in a cabin with my family.
We collect rainwater, have a garden, hunt for mushrooms and we are always mostly naked.
We have successfully unplugged ourselves from the hustle and bustle, and we rarely talk about how our lives once were.
We take care of ourselves and help our neighbors.
We ride our bikes and go swimming in the river.
We make meals together and take time to talk and tell stories.
We are always together at the end of the day.
When we fall asleep it is to the sound of the wind and each other's snores.

I think of my fantasy all the time.
When I close my eyes I can see my beautiful wife and child, standing in the sun.
I can see our cabin and the green that surrounds it.
It is there, always perfect in it's simplicity.

I tell myself that this is why I am doing what I am doing.
This is my ultimate goal.

It is a very graphic and effective motivational tool to have.
And I slowly claw my way towards it every single day.

What is your graphic motivational tool?
How often do you visit your cabin in the woods?

Can you smell the smoke through the trees?

I believe that these types of practices are vital for your sanity and survival.
What about you?

On to a slightly different topic, I have been writing this blog for nearly four years now! I can hardly believe it.
Mama T was reading some older posts today and she was laughing really hard.
It was the kind of laugh that I don't get to hear that often anymore on account of how we have other things to do besides sit around and goof off all the time. And it was so refreshing to hear these sounds on my ears! I felt like if I can make at least one person laugh like that then I must be doing something right.

I made some cookies.
No you can't get none!
lovmatewh

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.