Monday, October 18, 2010

Dick Legacy.



Well it turns out I shoulda used a heavier blanket.
What is a good alternative, a loving alternative to the term "dumbass"?
That is the word I would use right now.

Well I have to say that I am proud of myself for being able to juggle all these things at once.
Not in a braggy way.
Like, I am not trying to rub it in or nothing.
In fact it is something that I think has been proven that you are generally an all around better person when you pat yourself on the back and acknowledge your accomplishments.
I mean, I just proved it.
Right as I was typing.

I am picturing a bone with a feather tied to it as a future tattoo.

I was listening to a song last night by John Lennon called "Imagine".
You ever heard that song?
I want to know what happened to the spirit of that man?
The mind that writes that song, the power and beauty in that song, surely it takes more than some bullets to kill that.
But it seems like it did.
It made me really sad, and I am not even a fan of the Beatles.
Or John Lennon.

I just think that the further down the path we go, the more we need those types of songs.
And I would argue that there are very few, if any, current musicians that have reached the level of Mr. Lennon and use their powers for good.
All these people, generations of people growing up listening to these songs but not really hearing them, and then turning around to make music to attain the status and fame but without the message.
It's sad.

Eh, what do I know? Maybe he was a total dick once you got to know him.
Somehow I doubt that though.
I don't think dicks leave that kind of legacy behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.