Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wind the Frog!



Ooohh, look at the seasonal image!

Actually this is one of the many places we looked at renting recently since we kind of decided that living in fear is for the birds.
I know it looks a little small in the photo, but really once you get inside it is not so bad, I mean, you have to use your imagination a bit but I am fairly confident that we can make it work.

You know, this city living is not for everyone.
Sure it works for the millions upon millions of people that do it everyday of their lives, but that doesn't mean that it works for us all. And something that I realized recently is that my "wive" and I had gotten a little soft the past year or so. We forgot how if you let your guard down, this place will kick the shit out of your teeth and leave you laying in a pile of someone else's shitty teeth.
Gross?
Of course it is, but it is the number one thing you need to know about living here.
Never let your guard down.
It sounds exhausting, but you get used to it after a while as long as you remember to do it.
And we were in a situation that really let us get soft and comfy.
We thought we were in the clear, and really we were just in the eye of the tornado or something, the calm in the middle of the storm outside.
Luckily we have been able to have a bit of warning about how close we are to getting tossed back into the thick of it, and for this I am grateful.
In preparation I have been revisiting my older posts to find out how I coped with this the first time.
Unfortunately they are only very hilarious, and not very helpful.

What I have discovered though is that I am not nearly as scared as I was when I first got here.
I have muscle memory of the brain I guess, and I am able to use this to calm myself down when I am hyperventilating, or forgetting to breathe altogether.

You know when you are working really hard, and you take a break to swallow a sandwich whole without chewing? You know how you get that sleepy feeling when you stand up and usually unmotivated to do much else because of the sandwich that I just mentioned?
That is where I am at in my life right now.

I got a big sandwich in my belly and I want to take a really long nap, and instead what I have to do is a million other things to prepare for the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.