Thursday, September 27, 2012

It Will Be October.


Don't be so hard on yourself. 
Just stop beating on your soul like that.
Give yourself a break, and a hug.

Maybe you wake up and go to your job.
The one where you rape the earth and leave it for dead.
It's just your job, nothing personal, Earth.

There's kids to think about and also your wife.
You think your shift ends when you are done sucking gas out of the ground?
No no no my friend, your job is just about to start.

But then, maybe the life of a fracker is a lonely one.
Travel from down south, motel to motel, no one to call at the end of the day.
What would I even know about it?

Still, I think I would rather kill myself than kill the Earth.
But a job's a job, and that's nothing to sneeze at in this economy.
When all is said and done, you just gotta take it day by day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

No dick heads please.